Bolton at Home’s IT contract is due to expire in 2020. In advance of the expiry of this agreement, they needed Barkers’ IT strategic and delivery consultancy services to develop a procurement strategy and plan for replacement of the current agreement. Working to a defined timeframe, we have enabled Bolton at Home to meet their strategic objectives.
Bolton at Home have a seven-year IT contract which is due to expire in 2020. In advance of the expiration of this agreement, Bolton at Home were seeking to develop a procurement strategy and plan to replace this service and gain the required support and training to deliver the procurement programme effectively.
Due to the scale of this project, we split the work into two phases.
In phase one we concentrated on establishing the most appropriate sourcing strategy and thoroughly reviewed the suite of contract documents to assess their comparability with norms in the market and suitability for any future contract.
Phase two is currently underway and focuses upon delivery of the procurement programme. This involves:
- Stakeholder engagement to understand expectations and form tender requirements.
- The creation of a programme of procurement activity including selection process.
- The preparation of tender documentation including full terms and conditions.
- Knowledge transfer to the Bolton at Home team, equipping them with the knowledge to successfully manage the new agreement.
- Engagement of our business change partner ‘Step 5’ to validate business readiness for the planned IT programme of work.
We are also supporting the sign off process with key stakeholders. This includes:
- Weekly support of the PCR2015 regulated tender process.
- Knowledge share with the procurement team.
- Formal coaching to the tendering team.
- Leading delivery of all aspects of the tender process following our 9-step delivery methodology (graphic relates).
- Review of tender responses and undertaking due diligence on submitted tenders.
- Production of a tender outcome report and recommendations to facilitate contract award.
In addition, we are supporting Bolton at Home with the implementation of the new agreements. This includes:
- Setting up required governance and reporting.
- Managing the new supplier(s) against the implementation plan to ensure they are implementing services as agreed.
- Providing support and coaching on behaviour shift using our own SDI certified facilitators.
- Production of a close out report with project successes and challenges, lessons learned and future opportunities.
We are pleased to announce that we:
- Have successfully delivered an end to end procurement strategy that enables Bolton at Home to strategically assess business requirements, understand industry benchmarks and establish a procurement plan of activities which supports them through the tender process, sign off with key stakeholders and successful implementation.
- Trained members of the Bolton at Home team, and their suppliers, in behavioural and value awareness to support them through a period of transition.
- Delivered a close out report which detailed lessons learned and future opportunities to support Bolton at Home with their future procurement activity.
An inspiring partnership, recognising and developing creative solutions to local social issues in the most effective way. Barkers and Bolton Family are a compelling example of people coming together from right across the community, with passion, authenticity and trust.– Lisa Charles Director Of Business Services, Bolton At Home
- Warren Kozera – Director (Phase 1 and 2)
- Gill Smallman – Senior Managing Consultant (Phase 1 only)
- Adrian Sillitoe – Senior Managing Consultant (Phase 1 only)
- Nathan Davies – Senior Managing Consultant (Phase 1 and 2)
October 2018 – Ongoing