Due to the scale of this project, we split the work into two phases.
In phase one we concentrated on establishing the most appropriate sourcing strategy and thoroughly reviewed the suite of contract documents to assess their comparability with norms in the market and suitability for any future contract.
Phase two focused upon delivery of the procurement programme. This involved:
- Stakeholder engagement to understand expectations and form tender requirements.
- The creation of a programme of procurement activity including selection process.
- The preparation of tender documentation including full terms and conditions.
- Knowledge transfer to the Bolton at Home team, equipping them with the knowledge to successfully manage the new agreement.
- Engagement of our business change partner ‘Step 5’ to validate business readiness for the planned IT programme of work.
We also supported the sign off process with key stakeholders. This included:
- Weekly support of the PCR2015 regulated tender process.
- Knowledge share with the procurement team.
- Formal coaching to the tendering team.
- Leading delivery of all aspects of the tender process following our 9-step delivery methodology (graphic relates).
- Review of tender responses and undertaking due diligence on submitted tenders.
- Production of a tender outcome report and recommendations to facilitate contract award.
In addition, we supported Bolton at Home with the implementation of the new agreements. This included:
- Setting up required governance and reporting.
- Managing the new supplier(s) against the implementation plan to ensure they are implementing services as agreed.
- Providing support and coaching on behaviour shift using our own SDI certified facilitators.
- Production of a close out report with project successes and challenges, lessons learned and future opportunities.