We investigate existing systems and processes within the procurement cycle. These could include sourcing, procurement, analytics, procure to pay and market intelligence tools. We’ll form judgements on capacity, capability and business risk.
Once the discovery phase is complete, we then apply our knowledge and experience to suggest areas for improvement. Typical areas of focus include:
- Procurement Strategy
- Organisation Design
- Category Organisation and Process
- Business Engagement Organisation and Process
- Supplier Relationship Management Processes
- eProcurement Processes
- Purchasing Processes such as Procure to Pay
- Procurement Team Skills
- Behavioural Skills of the Procurement Team
Through discussions with clients on where value can best be sought for maximum gain, Barkers will suggest solutions and execute a bespoke plan tailored to the organisation’s requirements. This could involve a Supplier Relationship Management plan, business engagement programme, a category improvement programme to name a few.