At Barkers we believe that it is imperative to deliver significant, long-term value to our clients, but also to facilitate social value in the communities in which we live and work. We’re proud to be Social Enterprise UK members and are committed to delivering £2m in social value annually.
We do this through:
- The creation of our social enterprise, Lifescape.
- Active board level involvement with organisations including the Bolton Family, the Fylde Coast Responsible Business Network and Jobs, Friends and Houses, an organisation which supports individuals recovering from addiction.
- Offering free professional advice to the charities we work with both independently and at the request of clients.
- Supporting our clients to embed social value into their procurement practices in a sustainable way.
- Influencing and guiding the procurement sector through guest speaking roles which encourage a commitment to the delivery of social value.
- A pledge that our recruitment will be focused on talent and that opportunities will be accessible to all.