Are you ready for your next procurement leadership challenge?
Barkers is an award-winning procurement consultancy delivering a range of outstanding procurement consultancy and commercial solutions and expertise across a wide range of industry sectors with organisations typically from the FTSE 250. Our organisation is rapidly expanding and we are looking to recruit a number of Delivery Directors to join our successful team to lead on key client assignments to enable the delivery of first class procurement outcomes. Alongside this you will have the opportunity to be a part of the Management Team, contributing to and shaping the overall strategy and development of Barkers.
About the Opportunity?
Our Delivery Director’s play a key role in our organisation, as they both develop and support the internal Barkers consulting teams, whilst working closely with our clients to build strong relationships and ensuring outcomes align to client requirements. This is a ‘hands on role’ which means you will also be key a part of the delivery team, bringing your 10 years plus experience gained in senior procurement roles from a range of industry sectors and categories. This is an exciting opportunity where every day is different and will involve:
- Building strong senior client relationships
- Leading client assignments and managing small delivery teams
- Working with business development directors to identify and create client proposals
- Shaping assignment scope and outcomes with clear resource requirements
- Leading client meetings
- Project management
- Governance and reporting
- Team development and mentoring
- Key role as a member of the Barkers management team to shape and develop the business
Delivery of procurement consultancy assignments including;
- Procurement as a service, category strategy, tendering, negotiating and contract implementing with a view to delivering meaning change and value add
- Procurement transformation programmes from spend analysis; maturity assessment; development of client processes, policy and tools; client capability development and accelerating business performance
- Procurement cost reduction from spend analysis, opportunity identification and validation through to negotiation of major deals and support for client implementation of change
- Commercial assurance, providing client side advice and support to major programmes of change; procurement strategy and commercial assurance support on programmes up to £300m in size.
At Barkers we recruit ‘good humans with no ego’ because we believe it is all about our clients and ensuring that we deliver what they need through the expertise of our fantastic team of consultants. As a Delivery Director you will need to have the ability to juggle delivery across multiple client projects, whilst supporting and mentoring the your deliver teams. Our ideal team will:
- Have 10 years plus strong end to end procurement experience gained across a range of categories to enable delivery flexibility
- Have experience of leading complex procurement projects
- Have a commercial mindset with the ability to ‘think big’ as well as focus on the detail
- Confident in working with clients to support the assessment of requirements
- Have excellent people skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal enabling effective negotiation and influencing
- A commercially curious mindset to enable continued business development
- Ability to lead and develop a team of consultants
- An inquisitive thinker, prepared to challenge and ask the difficult questions
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and respond well under pressure
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Eager to share your knowledge and experience whilst also learning from others
- 1:1 mentoring and development
- Access to a wide range of clients and industries to enhance and develop your skills both in procurement & supply chain as well as a range of consulting skills
- Training allowance to support development of wider associated skills
- Flexible approach to working although time on site in our Chorley Head Office and on client sites will be required
- Ability to help shape and develop and a fast growing SME
We know we ask a lot from our ideal candidate, but we know this is a great opportunity to accelerate both your procurement and consulting career, in an organisation that can provide outstanding support and development, alongside gaining real world experience and exposure to a wide range of sectors and clients. It will be face paced and there will be a lot of learn, but it truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
So, if you are up for the challenge then please send us your CV and covering letter and let’s see where we can take you.